Welcome! Login or register.
FAQ     Search
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:29 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics All times are UTC + 2 hours
Board index » General Discussion » Applications » PvP Applications

VOTE: Will Aellha be a great additon to Emeritus?
Yes 100%  100%  [ 17 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I need more convincing 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 17
Aellah

Post subject: New Death Knight application from Aellah - ACCEPTED
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:00 pm 
Application:Name:Class:
  • Death Knight
Level:
Race:
  • Worgen
Tell us a bit about you in Real Life - age, country, language and so on.
  • Hey Guys and Gals, I'm a 24 year old female from the West Midlands in the UK, called Francesca, and married to Tolian. I'm currently a housewife and a WoW blogger which hasn't been updated for the last month because we've been on holiday for 2 weeks. (We have no more long holidays planned for the year) I studied Law at University and prior to Law I studied Divinity - found it interesting but left in order to pursue Law. My first language is English (and only, unless you count guide book French, Spanish and British Sign Language)

I grew up on the West Coast of Scotland surrounding myself with horses - keeping 7 at one time. I have spent my entire life in the Performing Arts sector. I'm a champion Irish dancer and Ballroom and Latin American (juvenile) champion. I have been involved in many Amateur Dramatic productions - both as a Principal Character and behind the scenes as a Director for a cast and crew of 80 Adults and a handful of Children. As a young child I was a Model for the Wedding Photographers Guild, and took part in a TV documentary back in the late 90's.

As I mentioned briefly above, I am a blogger. I write about WoW and will be happy to give you the website address (but bear in mind it is not up-to-date at the moment) http://www.thegirlplayswow.com
    (I recently just race changed from Draenei to Worgen and changed my name in process - just in case you wonder who nilaa is! Also I'm not happy with my new name so its possible I will be changing it in the near (ish) future.)
What do you do that's amazing?
  • Well I don't have to do anything...I am simply amazing! ;)

In all seriousness, I think I have lead a colourful and exciting life but altering the question slightly...I think mine and my Husband's First Dance at our Wedding was pretty amazing. (You'll need to watch all the way through to get the picture!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdxM9DhzuRY
What will you do to add to our enjoyment of the game?
  • I'm a social and friendly person, always around for a chat about anything, I love a good debate too and always up for a bit of banter, although I'm aware enough not to start any drama within the guild, as that takes away the enjoyment for all people involved.

I'm a conscientious player, I do a lot of research into 'how to play WoW well' and I spend alot of time browsing forums and guides about my class. I'm also a sensible player and remain calm under pressure. I'm not the sort of person to start shouting down vent or rage quit. Trouble I have found with PvP guides is that there are so many options for each class with regards to talents and gems etc it gets confusing! I decided to forge my own way and choose talents and gems that work for me and for my arena partner, however, if there are any glaring errors in my setup - please don't hesitate to tell me!

I'm also fairly new to the game (having only started playing about a year ago now) and my DK was started was in May this year, but I'm an intelligent person and a quick learner and I'm always more than happy to take on comments and critique from more experienced players. In fact, I would appreciate the advice!

The best thing I can do as a member of your guild is be friendly, sociable, flexible, willing to learn and well prepared for whatever it is we are doing.
Star Trek or Star Wars?
  • Honestly, I guess Star Wars...in fact as a surprise I arranged for the cake toppers at our Wedding to be Princess Leia and Han Solo - sadly, they accidentally got left behind but we placed them on the left over top tier before devouring what was left of the cake the following day.

http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k187/ ... arwars.jpg
Rank the following events in your order of preference (leaving out any that you don't like):
Achievement raid, Progress Raid, Social Raid, Rated Battleground.
  • Rated Battleground, Social Raid, Progress Raid, Achievement Raid
Are you able to attend ALL of our raid days?
  • The only days I don't play WoW until 9pm (GMT) are Mondays, Wednesday and Friday due to the fact I torture myself at a Fitness Bootcamp...throwing myself around in the rain and mud! Tuesday and Thursday I'm online from around 5.30pm (GMT) and mostly all day Saturday and Sunday.
Tell us about your experience in WoW.
  • Prior to meeting Tolian, I had never played any computer or video games and he introduced me to WoW shortly after we had got married. I instantly fell in love with the game and my first character to 85 was a Holy Priest called Churel. She was geared for raids (until Firelands hit) but hasn't been played in a while and is still currently on my old realm but here is a link to her armory anyway. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... l/advanced If necessary I am happy to bring her over to Sylvanas but as I'm not currently playing her, I have just left her where she was. She is purely PvE.

With Churel I completed some of the normal tier 11 raids, as a social raider.

With my Death Knight Aellah, (my main Character) she has always been pure PvP. She was levelled with very little PvE apart from Questing. Currently I am working on her professions. I don't like having them below the level cap but sadly that is where they are at the moment. I'm hoping within the next few weeks they will be at 525.
    I am a Frost DK through and through, I did play as Unholy for a short while and its is still my secondary spec but I don't enjoy it at all. I am, however, more than happy to switch to a Blood off spec - for Flag carrying if needed - but I've never played a blood DK or a Tank so it would be a learning curve. One I would undertake though if necessary.
    My frost DK puts out good damage and myself and Husband having been playing 2v2 Arena. More for fun than serious rating, but it has allowed me to have fairly decent gear and I have the 384 Ruthless Weapon.
    I know some DK's say why spec into 'Descercration' but for my arena setup its nice to have another slow, especially one that husband can kite through. However, will change that if necessary.
    My DK Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... h/advanced
Did you write answers that were longer than one sentence and that will make us excited about playing with you?
  • I think my application falls more into the heading of... TLDR
We use Vent, Skype, Teamspeak, Mumble. Do you have these programs and a working microphone?
  • I have Vent and Skype although would happily download other programs. I have a working Microphone.
What did we forget to ask?
  • I know you may look at the armory of my DK and think it looks shockingly bad, all I would ask is you give me a chance to put right any wrongs and see me in action before instantly declining me. :)
    As husband mentioned, we've recently transferred to Sylvanas from Blade's Edge. That realm is very quiet these days and so our chance at getting involved with RBG's prior to moving here were extremely limited - especially as the guild on that realm was PvE focused. We will get involved with PuG RBGs on Sylvanas but as we have just been away for 2 weeks, we haven't yet really had the chance but currently am sitting at 1100 RBG rating, so I know i need to improve this for a chance to join a team.
    This is a PvP application :)

Last edited by Aellah on Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lemma
Guild Leader
<Emeritus>

Post subject: Re: New Death Knight application from Aellah
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:16 pm 
Hmmm right up there as possibly one of the best applications ever :) :)

You have my YES vote :)

Awwww that's a lovely cake :) :) :)

Aellah

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:35 pm 
Just like to add that my rating is now in the 1400's. Thanks to the guild RBG's last night. My highest rating in 2v2 was 1600 currently just below 1500. I also have just under 4k resilience. I also noticed an error above it's the ruthless weapon I have at item level 371. (it's other 384 gear I have - and I was obviously thinking faster than I was typing!)

I also noticed that there is no poll, could this be because i edited my post for a spelling mistake?

In the meantime, i look forward to your votes, and thank you for taking the time to read through my application :)

Stormstride

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:35 pm 
nice app, yes from me :)

Ngempuq

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:48 pm 
Did something go wrong with the poll?

Anyway, good pvp DK :D

Sigge

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:52 pm 
Great application and a fantastic wedding dance. I am a novice regarding PvP but great persons that put effort in applications and show that are prepared will almost always get my yes vote.

I vote yes.

Aellah

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:40 pm 
Thank you so far for the votes :)

Please could my application be moved into the appropriate folder (PvP) as I have just read the new post about the new folders.

Xelence

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:44 am 
Nice app, I liked your style in the RBG I played with you aswell. You're actual rating needs some work though ;)

Yes.

Aellah

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:21 pm 
Thanks for the vote xelence. Yeah I fully agree about my rating. Excuses are that on my old realm my guild wasn't interested in rbg's as the guild got hit hard when summer came along. We managed to do a few pug rbg's but most of the time we couldn't get 10 players to form a group.

But, no excuses allowed...I am working on improving that rating. Have done a couple of pug rbg's since moving to sylvanas and have tried to get involved as much as possible with guild rbg's here. :)

Aellah

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:34 pm 
*shameless bump!*

Board index » General Discussion » Applications » PvP Applications